Welcome to Just Heavenly's Blog

It's already 2009. When I last wrote this welcome message, I happily dated it 2010 to make it sticky. Stanley Kubrick's & Arthur C Clarke's vision of the future is almost in the past and we're refreshing this blog with a new look and a new attitude to reflect new challenges and new directions.
As you can see, the template has been refreshed and we've added a twitter bar for you to follow updates there and get to know us better, as well as our link to our Facebook profile.
In the past year, due to YOUR support, we've added a third outlet to the Just Heavenly family. And now, we're proud to be serving Petaling Jaya from our new hub there, A Slice of Heaven. Watch out for more to come.
To A Slice of Heaven in Jaya One - Coming Soon To Bangsar To Pleasures in Plaza Damansara PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO SEE WHAT'S NEW!

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Creme Caramel & Lemon Meringue



One of my favourite desserts, creme caramel, served individually in glasses. I love the bejewelled nature of the golden caramel and the majestic, rich, yellowness of the gently set egg custard.



Our Lemon Meringue is also available as a whole cake and we believe we've found the right balance of sweetness, lightness, and tartness. The pillowy billows of the meringue top the acidic foil of the lemon curd and is encrusted with a buttery sweet biscuit pate sucre.

6 comments:

Precious Pea

Da cream caramel look so good!!

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy

Precious pea; I lurve it. Smooth and creamy (baked in a water bath), slightly eggy with a hint of vanilla and the requisite smoke from the caramelised sugar.

Precious Pea

Oh my, your detailed description making my mouth watered. I tried once using those pre-packed powder....doesn't taste good at all. Found one from Japan, tasted excellent but expensive. Cost me almost RM10 to make 4 small cups.

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy

Hey precious :-) Thanks. Just how I look at Creme caramel. There are things which can't use shortcuts. And this is one of them. Why spend RM10 for 4 bowls when you can have loads of them for a lot less AND it will be better tasting! ;-) You find that the packaged ones tend to have cornflour or some sort of setting agent which precludes the use of eggs. Not the same at all :-) Which reminds me, I'll post a recipe for improving birds eye custard powder too ;-)

Anonymous

Woo...! Lemon Meringue is one of my mom's favourites. I'll have to bring her to try it the next time she's in KL.

Incidentally, I made the mistake of telling her about the fatt choy and she was abxolutely horrified. Ah well. I misjudged- I thought she would find it amusing.

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy

sneexe; my Mother was morbidly fascinated. She said it was disgusting but kept on sneaking peeks. ;-)

Just Heavenly   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP